Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Germany have won, but Andy's dad gambles on

My Paper, Tuesday, July 15, 2014, Page A4, News, Top Stories
From http://epaper.mypaper.sg/emnd/fvxen/fvxp/fvxpress.php?param=2014-07-15
Source Website: http://mypaper.sg/top-stories/germany-have-won-andys-dad-gambles-20140715
By Koh Wan Ting, wtkoh@sph.com.sg, mypaper, Published on Jul 15, 2014



OLD HABITS DIE HARD
OLD HABITS DIE HARD
OLD HABITS DIE HARD
PHOTO: OLD HABITS DIE HARD: Andy's father wants one more wager in NCPG's new anti- gambling ad. 
PHOTO: NATIONAL COUNCIL OF PROBLEM GAMBLING
My Paper, Tuesday, July 15, 2014, Page A4, News, Top Stories
 

ANDY'S dad may have won his bet, but the boy is still not happy.

After Germany beat Argentina in yesterday's World Cup final, the character lamented that his father, who used all his savings for his first bet, couldn't quit his bad habit.

In the new ad that the National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG) published on its website after Germany clinched the championship with a 1-0 win at about 6am yesterday, Andy was asked if his father had returned his savings.

The boy responded: "No, dad never stops...he wants to bet one more time."

The latest ad comes in the wake of one which made headlines worldwide, for being ironically spot on, after Germany thrashed Brazil 7-1 in the quarter-finals last week.

That ad started off by showing a group of boys discussing who they think will win the World Cup. It ends with Andy saying: "I hope Germany will win. My dad bet all my savings on them."

Despite trying to save an own goal this time round, the new ad was also roundly panned by netizens, who said NCPG's latest efforts come too little, too late.

But some, like Minister of State for Trade and Industry Teo Ser Luck, lauded the twist in the anti-gambling ad campaign.

In a post on his Facebook page, Mr Teo said: "For NCPG to come up with a sequel following the storyline created by the community and social media, is commendable in itself."

He added: "(NCPG) did not approach (the matter) in a knee-jerk manner, like taking down the ad...Most importantly, they could accept that, sometimes, it is OK to laugh at ourselves with a little humour."

Responding to media queries, an NCPG spokesman emphasised that the council's "central message is that problem gambling causes harm...regardless of the nature and outcome of the bet".

"We took the opportunity to reinforce the fact that problem gamblers find it hard to stop, regardless of the outcome of any single bet," the spokesman added.

Mark Teo, 31, a business development manager for an advertising agency, said that the advertisement was a "good effort at damage control".

"But the advertisement will remain a reminder of (NCPG's) mistake in the weeks to come," he added.

By Koh Wan Ting, wtkoh@sph.com.sg, mypaper, Published on Jul 15, 2014



江淑娜 (jiāng shū nà) - 告诉你我恨你 (gào su nǐ wǒ hèn nǐ) - Tell you I hate you
Posted by EHT123 on Sep 11, 2010

From: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1NrfUcWTxo


http://veryfatoldman.blogspot.sg/2010/06/jiang-shu-na-dou-shi-zai-pian-wo.html
[江淑娜 (jiāng shū nà) - 都是在骗我 (dōu shì zài piàn wǒ) - Totally deceiving me]

 

 江淑娜 (jiāng shū nà) - 告诉你我恨你 (gào su nǐ wǒ hèn nǐ) - Tell you I hate you
Song 歌曲 (gē qǔ): 告诉你我恨你 (gào su nǐ wǒ hèn nǐ) - Tell you I hate you
Singer 演唱 (yǎn chàng): 江淑娜 (jiāng shū nà)
Lyrics (cí): 郑忠倌 (zhèng zhōng guān)
Music (qū): 张平福 (zhāng píng fú)
Director (dǎo): 郸铬彧 (dān gè yù)

------------☆☆------------

想不到你真会这样 一去不回头 - Do not realise that you really can leave without returning
xiǎng bú dào nǐ zhēn huì zhè yàng yí qù bù huí tóu

过去的还是山盟 - Our past is rock solid
guò qù de hái shì shān méng

难道你忘记 - Possible that you have forgotten
nán dào nǐ wàng jì

寸寸想思寂寞在心头 - every memory is with loneliness in the heart
cùn cùn xiǎng sī jì mò zài xīn tóu

我要轻轻告诉你 - I want to gently tell you that
wǒ yào qīng qīng gào su nǐ

我爱你 - I love you
Wǒ ài nǐ

不要把我忘记 - Do not forget me
bú yào bǎ wǒ wàng jì

我无想失去忘记在胸怀里 - In my heart, I do not wish to be forgotten
wǒ wú xiǎng shī qù wàng jì zài xiōng huái lǐ

-----Music----


想不到你真会这样无心丢下我 - Do not realise that you really can abandon me heartlessly
xiǎng bú dào nǐ zhēn huì zhè yàng wú xīn diū xià wǒ

不是你通通埋在我的心窝里 - isn't it you who is completely in my heart
bú shì nǐ tōng tōng mái zài wǒ de xīn wō lǐ

寸寸想思被记在心头 - I remember every moment
cùn cùn xiǎng sī bèi jì zài xīn tóu

让我慢慢告诉你 - Let me slowly tell you
ràng wǒ màn màn gào su nǐ

我恨你 - I hate you
wǒ hèn nǐ

我恨你抛弃我 - I hate you because you abandon me
wǒ hèn nǐ pāo qì wǒ

我满怀的委屈在胸怀里 - My heart is full of grievances
wǒ mǎn huái de wěi qu zài xiōng huái lǐ

-----Music----


想不到你真会这样狠心抛弃我 - Do not realise that you can be so cruel as to abandon me
xiǎng bú dào nǐ zhēn huì zhè yàng hěn xīn pāo qì wǒ

不是你通通埋在我的心窝里 - isn't it you who is completely in my heart
bú shì nǐ tōng tōng mái zài wǒ de xīn wō lǐ

寸寸想思被记在心头 - I remember every moment
cùn cùn xiǎng sī bèi jì zài xīn tóu

让我听天无相愁 - Let me listen to heaven and be free of worry
ràng wǒ tīng tiān wú xiāng chóu

我恨你 - I hate you
wǒ hèn nǐ

我恨你抛弃我 - I hate you because you abandon me
wǒ hèn nǐ pāo qì wǒ

我满怀的横画在胸怀里 - My heart is full of pain from this incidence
wǒ mǎn huái de héng huà zài xiōng huái lǐ

---------- END -----------


Translated by MDBG Chinese-English Dictionary, http://www.mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php, and Google Translates



Reference